Alejandro “Alex” Rodriguez
Alex Rodriguez is a Director of Audit at the public accounting firm, PAAST, P.L. He has over 20 years of experience in the banking industry. As Director, Alex develops and manages the audit schedule, acts as the point-of-contact on audit engagements, and is responsible for presenting the audit report to the bank’s audit committee.
Since joining the firm in 2006, Alex has focused on providing assurance services to financial institutions. His experience includes deposit operations audits, branch operations audits, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering audits, loan reviews, allowance for loan and lease losses reviews, compliance security audits, and proof and item processing audits.
Alex also has experience with BSA Model Validations and verifies that BSA models are performing as intended to meet with the Bank’s objectives. He verifies that they are performed in accordance with OCC 2011-12. He has also performed BSA Risk Assessments in accordance with the FFIEC manual.
Alex has attended a number of training seminars and conferences related to financial institutions sponsored by the Florida Bankers Association, Florida International Bankers Association, and the South Florida Bankers Institute. He also participates in the annual Deposit and Lending Compliance Seminar hosted by PAAST.
Prior to joining the firm, Alex worked as a financial consultant at Merrill Lynch and Union Planters Bank.
Florida International University
- Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of International Business
- South Florida Banking Institute (SFBI) Board of Directors, Member
- Christopher Columbus High School Alumni Board, Member
- Boys and Girls Club of Miami Club Blue Young Professionals Board, Member
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Banking and Financing Board, Member
- AAA Scholarship Foundation Bank Advisory Board, Member
- FIBA AMLCA Certification, Obtained in 2013