Marcos Alvarez is a partner at the public accounting firm PAAST, P.L. He has over ten years of experience providing attestation services to financial institutions. He specializes in Bank Secrecy Act/ Anti-Money Laundering compliance audits, regulatory compliance audits, loan reviews, fair lending audits and consumer compliance audits. Marcos also has extenive experience providing accounting, assurance, forensic accounting and litigation support services clients in a variety of industries.
In his current role, Marcos provides supervision, training, and quality control, and oversees fieldwork for auditors. He also participates in assigning staff and budgeting hours for audits; tracks the progress of audits; and provides technical assistance to auditors. In addition, Marcos reviews Sarbanes-Oxley 404 audits, FDICIA audits and information technology audits.
Marcos has experience with BSA Model Validations and verifies that BSA models are performing as intended to meet with the Bank’s objectives. He verifies that they are performed in accordance with OCC 2011-12. He has also performed BSA Risk Assessments in accordance with the FFIEC manual.
In addition, he has helped banks verify compliance with BSA and related regulatory matters by providing independent Look-back reviews as ordered by regulatory authorities such as: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Operating and Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) and Federal Reserve.
Prior to joining the firm, Marcos worked in private accounting for a local communications company.
University of Miami
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)- State of Florida
- Member- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate (AMLCA)
- Member, Past President, Treasurer and Secretary- Cuban American Certified Public Accountants Association (CACPAA)
- Member- University of Miami Citizens Board
- Member- YMCA Allapattah Advisory Board
- Member- Anti-Money Laundering Certified Associate (AMLCA)