Michael Jimenez is a founding member of the public accounting firm PAAST, P.L. and consulting firm Genesis Systems Consulting, LLC. He has over 20 years of experience performing security audits, vulnerability assessments, and compliance audits on regulations such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act, and Sarbanes-Oxley, for clients in multiple industries using an array of software applications and platforms.
Michael also manages the day-to-day operations of the firm, including information technology (IT) governance and security management. In addition, he successfully plans and executes network installations, application development, and communications set-up for clients from the firm’s affiliate Genesis Systems Consulting.
Michael has been invited by PrimeGlobal’s North America and Latin America regions, as well as the University of Miami’s Beta Alpha Psi, to lecture on topics such as implementing document management systems, and data and network security.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael supervised the Management Information Systems department of a regional accounting firm. He was as a member of the technology team for several systems and was instrumental Year 2000 IT security reviews and compliance mandates for the financial institutions and regulated industries serviced by the firm.
Michael previously worked at Pan American Airlines as a Network Manager developing, implementing, and managing the airline’s Wide Area Network (WAN), as well as remote access solutions for the airline’s global network and its employees. He was also responsible for maintaining and implementing network security policies for the organization.
As a network and Lotus Notes engineer at IVAX Corporation, Michael was responsible for the development, implementation and management of the company’s WAN solutions for corporate headquarters and global subsidiaries. He was also in charge of the maintenance of the corporation’s Lotus Notes servers worldwide.
Florida International University
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Member – Information Systems Audit and Control Association’s national and South Florida chapters
- Member – Miami Lighthouse for the Blind Young Professionals Group
- Sponsor Chair – American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Blue Lagoon Chapter
- Co-Chair – St. Timothy Golf Committee
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Beta Alpha Psi, Miami, Florida – “Data and Network Security”
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida – “How to Generate Y2K Awareness
- Cuban American CPA Association, Miami, Florida – “Effects and Consequences of the Y2K Project”
- Perez-Abreu, Aguerrebere, Sueiro & Torres PL, Miami, FL – “Deposit and Lending Compliance Update,” 2008-2009